Monday, July 4, 2011

#2 Visit Kevin & Emily in Ohio

Finally!  


Our super cool friends, Kevin and Emily, have lived here for four years and we are always saying how we should go visit but, for no good reason at all, we kept putting it off.  


We arrived around 4pm on a Saturday in June and headed home late afternoon on Sunday so it was not a long visit but it didn't have to be - it taught us that they are not THAT far away and we can easily make this trip again.


 


Let me just say, I was a really bad picture taker on this trip.  I have no cool pictures of their adorable neighborhood or any of the cute shops there; no pictures of their house or Emily, like 2 of Kevin and not enough of their adorable little girl.  I got a couple of good ones of us, but that is really it, unfortunately!


Our pals live in the historic German Village of Columbus, Ohio.  Their house was built in the early 1900's and a good portion of the house is original.  I wish I had taken some pictures of their actual house but I was not in my blogging frame of mind :(.  The streets in the neighborhood are even still original cobble stone! It is such a cute neighborhood and I am so glad that we got a chance to visit them there before they moved on to greener pastures.




Our visit was pretty low-key.  Pretty much consisted of walking, talking, eating and attending to our babies.  


Kevin and Emily have a seven month old daughter named Evie that we were so excited to finally meet!  She is so beautiful and so sweet, seriously.  And she literally has the sweetest hair that I have ever seen on a baby.  It was so fun to see them parenting at a stage that we were at  so recently ourselves but still seems like it was sooo long ago!  They are still trying out new solid foods, giving bottles and not dealing with mobility.  It was also funny to hear Emily asking me the very same questions I was wondering about just a few months before, like, "How did you make the transition from pureed food to table food??".  It just made me laugh because that frame of mind is still so vivid for me but at the same time so far away.




On Sunday afternoon we headed to the Columbus Zoo.  This zoo rocks!  Apparently it has the distinction of #1 zoo in North America?  This is what my hosts tell me.  I have to say that it was pretty awesome.  It is laid out very well and there are A LOT of animals.  We were only there for a few hours so we didn't get to see everything.  Our friends purchased a year pass which allows them to bring 2 guests every visit for FREE!  How sweet is that?  I told you that these people are cool.



Ohio actually has some redeeming qualities, after all. ;)

To check out my list: 101 in 1,001.  And a quick note - if you are following me through an RSS feed like Google Reader or whatever, would you mind taking a second to go to my actual page and follow me?  I am just wondering if I have picked up any new readers.  Thanks.  And thanks so much for reading! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love this jill! We had such a great time with you guys. Hope we can do it again soon and see the rest of the zoo. You three are welcome any time! Love these pictures
    :) emily

    ReplyDelete