Wednesday, June 9, 2010

#51 Go Through Kitchen Cupboards and Make a Donation to Hospitality House

On Sunday my husband pretty much took baby duty all day and I got all kinds of things done! One of them was taking care of this task. I added this to my 101 list because I knew that I would never do it otherwise! Now that it is done, I feel awful for putting it off as long as I did. Reason being, I needed to do this a year ago when I started this list, then maybe I wouldn't have ended up with this...



That is all of the boxes and cans for me to put in recycling after going through my cupboards. The reason I feel awful is because at least half of that could have been donated if I would have done this task in a more timely manner. So this is what was donated...


SAD. The two cans of formula aren't even items that I purchased - I received them free in the mail! So, lesson learned. I need to do this twice a year so that this doesn't happen again. Or better yet, eat the food that we buy!! Ugh. It makes me disgusted that we throw away all this food when we know that there are people within a few miles of us who need to go to a food bank to feed their family. I am at least glad that I could give a small donation to the local food bank and I know that it won't be our last.

In case you are interested, here is the link to the organization in which I made the donation: www.hospitalityhousefoodpantry.org .

No comments:

Post a Comment