Tuesday, September 29, 2009

#26 Once a Month Teach Someone a Word That I Just Learned (4/33)

September 2009 Word of the Month: Amorphous

It has been a crazy month. This time around I have to pull my writer's card and some trickery for this blog to pass muster. Technically, the task is to teach someone a word that I just learned - which means that just you reading this qualifies as "teaching someone". I have been taking the task a little more seriously in previous months and making myself actually teach someone in person. Not this month!

The definition according to dictionary.com:

amorphous [uh-mawr-fuhs]

-adjective

1. lacking definite form; having no specific shape; formless: the amorphous clouds.

2. of no particular kind or character; indeterminate; having no pattern or structure; unorganized: an amorphous style; an amorphous personality.

Synonyms: shapeless, undefined; vague, anomalous.

Did you know this word?

No comments:

Post a Comment