Sunday, August 30, 2009

#65: Read 10 Books by Authors I Have Never Read Before (2/10)

FYI: All my book reviews are spoiler-free!

A few weeks ago, I finished reading The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. I am sad to say that I didn't LOVE it like everyone else in the world who reads it. I guess you could say that I just tolerated it in hopes that it would get better. I didn't hate it but I just won't be recommending it any time soon. I heard that it was one of the best love stories of all time and that even though you will cry, it's totally worth it. What a crock. I didn't connect with the characters at any point - I really didn't even find them likeable. The funny thing is that even though I felt that way, I still totally balled my eyes out at the end. To the point that I am not even going to go see it at the theatre because I am afraid that I will want to do that audible sob that no one else should ever witness me doing! I will definitely watch the movie on dvd, though, because some of the changes that I have heard they made for the movie are good ones, in my opinion.

If you have read this book or seen the movie, please comment and tell me what you thought! No spoilers please, in case anyone who hasn't read or saw reads it.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, I've heard mixed reviews on this, but I think I'm going to read it anyway. Hopefully, I won't be a mess if I see it in the theater first!

    ReplyDelete