Wednesday, June 22, 2011

{30 day} photo fun - day 22

{Day 22 - Landscape}

So we don't live in the prettiest neighborhood.  There are not a lot of rolling hills or beautiful green grass stretching as far as the eye can see.  It is more like half alive grass and wire fencing.  But hey, we can only go up from here, right??

BUT.

When you drive into my neighborhood there is this teeny tiny babbling brook.  This picture doesn't really do justice to how pretty it is in person because I was dying to just get the damn picture and LEAVE.


I think I would have taken a few pictures that would have been much, much better but you see, I am a mosquito magnet.  Like a honeycomb to a bee...or a dog to another dog's pee or... well, you get the idea.  They like me.  A LOT.  So I was literally taking the pictures for all of 90 seconds before I had to run back to my car and inspect the damage to my skin.  No less than 10 bites, people.  In 90 seconds.  

So I hope you enjoyed this pic - it was not without cost for me.

On a random but slightly related note, I entered this picture into a photo contest yesterday and I thought I would share:


I took this fabulous picture on my honeymoon over 6 years ago with my little Canon Powershot.  To date, I still think it is the coolest picture I have ever shot.  (The colors were brightened a little but it is otherwise untouched.)

No comments:

Post a Comment