Sunday, August 16, 2009

#30 Watch 5 Movies That I Haven't Already Seen From the Top 250 Movies on IMDB (2/5)


For my second movie, I chose Gran Torino starring Clint Eastwood. Currently, this movie is #79 in the top 250 with a rating of 8.4 out of 10 and 84,410 votes. It is about a very prejudiced old man who lives next door to a Hmong family and the relationship he comes to form with the family. I picked this movie because I have been told by every single person who has watched it that it is "sooooooo good". And a lot of those people were women - which I point out because I would have totally written this movie off as a "guy movie" if I hadn't received recommendations from so many women. Unfortunately, I have to say that I only mildly agree. The premise of the movie is fantastic and Clint Eastwood was perfect for the role. However, I am a big fan of happy endings and I did not feel like that is what I got here. It made sense, I suppose, but it still was not what I was hoping for. I can't say much else without giving away what happened. In short, the movie is worth seeing but I will not be adding it to my list of favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment