Saturday, June 13, 2009

#65: Read 10 Books by Authors I Have Never Read Before (1/10)


Today I read Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris, the first in the Sookie Stackhouse series. I have never read any books by this author and read it on a recommendation from a friend. The series is about vampires so I couldn't help but compare them to Twilight. That was futile, though, because the vamps in Harris' books are the "normal" kind - they can be hurt by silver, garlic, sunlight, etc. and they sleep in coffins during the day. Another difference between Twilight and this book is that even though this story was written from the lead character's perspective, I felt like I was reading about her. While reading Twilight, I felt like I was her and I enjoyed that feeling much better. Anyway, there is really no comparison between the books so if you read both, don't bother to compare! The book was very cute and the lead character quite likeable. It was also a very easy, quick read - took me about 6 hours to read it! I would recommend this book for the beach or when you are just looking for a light, fluffy read and I will definitely read the rest of the series.

One down, nine to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment