Saturday, September 24, 2011

Pinspired Food {part 1}

What's that you say?  My behind is larger this month than last month? Thanks for noticing and let's go ahead and thank Pinterest for that.  Now I am broke from all the extra grocery trips and you think I look fat.  Great.  

Some of these recipes were well worth it, though. Welcome to part 1 of what is going to be a 4 part series detailing my adventures in recreating recipes I have discovered on Pinterest.

Double Chocolate Loaf with Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting

This was soooooooo good!  I used Ghirardelli cocoa, which I think helped make it so delish. But the real beauty of this is the frosting.  I may or may not have been taking swipes of it from the container at every opportunity. Peanut butter, cream cheese and confectionary sugar is a combo directly from heaven. I love when people make a recipe and then give ideas for what they would change so I am going to do that with these posts, however, there is NOTHING I would change about this one!  Follow the recipe and you will be in love.

Want to read a funny story, though?  A raccoon was the recipient of most of it's calories. We took the loaf camping and on the 2nd morning we began a half-hearted searching for it.  Then the desire for this wonderful loaf of awesomeness took a turn for the desperate and we amped up the search (I mean, how many places could it be on a campsite??).  After discovering that this thing was nowhere to be found (and many silent accusations of who might have been the one to get up in the middle of the night and mow the whole thing and was sitting there acting like they had no idea where it was) the hubs discovered an empty, ripped up plastic bag maybe 50 feet from our campsite with only a sad few remaining crumbs of chocolate loaf.  I could seriously punch that raccoon.  We had only eaten less than half of it and IT WAS IN A SEALED PLASTIC BIN.  Wtf? Not cool.


Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Muffins


These were pretty good.  Nothing super special but they were moist and yummy.  I used a combo of milk chocolate chips and peanut butter chips instead but that was all I did differently (and I would suggest it, too). 


But the weekend that I made these must have not been my weekend. I also took these camping and we discovered that some of them had this weird slight soapy taste.  I have no idea what I did, but somewhere along the way I got a little bit of soap in there.  Thankfully it did not ruin ALL of them.  


By the way, if you do not own silicone baking cups, you should.  They are so much better than paper cups. They practically fall off the muffin so no pulling off paper cups and trying to not have the crumbs fall everywhere and bonus - no garbage!


Pizza Puffs

These bad boys are one of the more disappointing things I have made.  They were just alright.  Not bad at all, just alright - and I guess I was expecting them to be utterly delicious and to-die-for and so I was sad when they were not.  I am not much of a cook so I really have no idea what you could do to make them better but let me know if you do!

Stay tuned for part 2 next week!

1 comment:

  1. Your post is so funny! And so true. I'm addicted to Pintrest and I'm broke from all the crafts I'm doing. ;)

    ReplyDelete